Remember when I gave you my list of items to buy for the new runner that are under $100?
Guess what? One of my mentors for Team In Training, now currently training for the Boston Marathon is holding a fundraiser with my favorite headbands, Sparkly Soul, from Sunday, December 2nd until Sunday, December 9 2012 you can get 10% off your order and 15% of the total order will go to Jess’ fundraising. All you need to do is use the code JESS as the promo code.
If you want to see some colors check out my collection, so far:
From L to R: Maroon, Orange, Green, Teal, Purple (Lavender), Kaleidoscope Pink, White, Black, Silver, Red White and Blue.
Now for the fun runners survey. I saw this on Madeline’s blog last week and I thought it would be great to share my thoughts too!
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Shot Bloks are my favorite by far and they don’t bother my stomach. Sports beans are a close second.
2. Race Length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
A 10K is my ideal race, in terms of distance and time it takes me to complete. My favorite race is a half marathon.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants, or Other?
Capris. You will never not find me wearing them. Although I will throw a Team Sparkle skirt on fora little flair.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
When I am running I alternate between water and nuun, if it is hot. Usually I drink water while running then hydrate with a nuun cocktail after my run.
5. Running temperatures: HOT or COLD?
Neither? I prefer 40’s or 50’s, which I guess is cold for some. I like that its not too cold, but that when I warm up I am not too hot.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics, or Other?
I used to live in my Brooks, but since my feet have changed since I had B, I haven’t found a shoe I love. I currently have Asics, but I am dying to get my hands on a pair of Nike’s that the gait analysis folks at the Nike Expotique fitted me for. They were great for my foot and super lightweight.
7. Pre-Race Meal: Oatmeal. Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
I usually eat a plain bagel thin with plain peanut butter and a drizzle of honey or the Peanut Butter & Co. Bee’s Knees peanut butter.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
Usually 1 – 2 times a week, it really depends on my mileage, what I am training for and life. As much as I would love to, I can’t plain my training to a T, life just sometimes gets in the way.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I can go either way, if I am on the treadmill or running in a race alone I usually have it, although I ran without it for the entire Nike Half. I guess let’s just say I won’t be heartbroken if I am required to run without it.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
I run because I love it. I didn’t used to love it. I started running because it was a convenient and “easy” way to workout. I love the alone time, I love the feeling of accomplishment with each new race distance completed and every new PR. I love the high, endorphins make me happy (and happy people don’t shoot their husbands )
Why do you run?