I am learning how to make my own traditions with my little family, but I will share our past traditions.
Traditions from the past:
- Midnight Mass with my family
– Opening one gift on Christmas Eve with all the lights off except for Christmas lists
– Watching A Christmas Story
– Playing Trivial Pursuit
Traditions I want to add:
- Making a special breakfast for my family
– Putting up a tree/decorations as a family
- A few traditional greek dishes for dinner
– For dessert, I have always baked something. This year I am thinking Red Velvet Cheesecake & Apple Pie…
So what is our actual plan for this year?
Going to stay with my in-laws.
Baking with my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law
Church on Christmas Eve, no midnight mass with a 5 month old though!
Opening up extra early with baby B!
Hopefully some mom/dad/baby time while everyone is sleeping
Helping B open his gifts.
Dinner with my in-laws and my SIL’s family!
Relaxing at night!
I can’t wait, I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas!
What are your family traditions?