For Today’s Five Things Friday, I have picked 5 of my favorite books from when I was a kid. I only have one so far, and must get the other 4!
1. Teddy Bear Picnic by Jimmy Kennedy This came with a RECORD, and my sister, Caty, and I used to sing this over and over, we used to sing one line completely wrong. It probably isn’t funny to anyone but us, but I still sing it that way.
2. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw My mom used to read this to Caty and I when we were sick.
3. Shake Your Sillies Out by Raffi I loved Raffi growing up, but Caty and I got our own books with one song, and this was mine. It’s even better if you act it out.
4. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff This is the only book I currently own for my baby. Nick thinks it’s hilarious that I know the entire thing.
5. Yertle the Turtle by Dr. Seuss I love all Dr. Seuss but this one was my favorite as a kid. I think mostly because I wanted a turtle as a pet.
6. I know it’s supposed to only be 5, however this is a poem not a book. My dad used to read The Children’s Hour by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow to Caty and I. We both can repeat the entire poem from memory.
All photos courtesy of Amazon.
Today’s Question: What was your favorite children’s book>